Member Schools have the benefit of listing their employment vacancies and postings here! List your school's available positions here on our site for educators, administrative staff, and trainers. To learn more about how to become a member school to enjoy this benefit, click here!
American Montessori Society has
a job search engine that can help
you in your employment search.
A CHILDREN’S HABITAT MONTESSORI SCHOOL
Operations Manager (full time position, M-F 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM)
Contact: Erika Kambs, Head of School
Job Title: Operations Manager
Start Date: October 3, 2022
School Description: Indianapolis’s longest-running Montessori school and a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS), A Children’s Habitat is rooted in the Montessori philosophy of concern for the whole child. Since its inception in 1972, this non-profit [501(c)(3)] Montessori environment has offered a unique curriculum and unparalleled experience—where teachers and families join together to create a passionate community that fuels and guides the school.
The Operations Manager primarily handles the day-to-day operations and administrative needs on campus. This position functions as the school’s backbone, keeping ACH functioning seamlessly and smoothly. This individual must be punctual, reliable, compassionate, and warm, as this role interacts regularly with the school community. The Operations Manager will model the mission and values of ACH. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversight of all facilities-related issues, including communication with landlord, room scheduling, handling building issues, and overseeing janitorial staff
• Handling COVID related matters, including communication of school policy and tracking cases
• Coordinating weather closure decisions and communications
• Handling daily administrative and communication tasks of the school, including emails & newsletters, TADS and Transparent Classroom tasks, payroll, memberships, ordering supplies, maintaining the school calendar, tracking volunteer hours, and other administrative tasks
• Maintaining student and employee files
Qualifications and skills/experience:
• Confident decision maker
• Motivated, organized, and responsible
• Impeccable organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft excel and Google sheets
• Prior administrative experience preferred
Compensation: Compensation begins between $35,000 - $40,000, commensurate with education and experience.
• Paid personal days and school holidays
• Employer contributed SIMPLE IRA
• Reduced summer hours
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit the following to email@example.com
• Cover letter expressing interest in this position and highlighting past administrative experience
• Resume or CV
• Names and contact information of three professional references